Adaptogen Profile: Shilajit
Happiness is…Ionix Supreme in my water bottle during my workout…
I just cannot be without this product. It helps me through each and every day. What makes it so great? One of those things is Shilajit.
When Ionix was introduced in 2004 John Anderson, one of the founders of Isagenix, did a training on this one ingredient, and it was fascinating!! John and his wife Cher rode through the jungle on an elephant to get this one ingredient!
Shilajit – Miracle of the Himalayas. Shilajit is considered nature’s most perfect, potent, and nutrient dense food on the planet. Shilajit was referenced over 3,000 years ago in the ancient Sanskrit holy texts, and it is an important part of Ayurvedic medicine. The literal translation of Shilajit is “Destroyer of Weakness and the Builder of Strength.” In the pristine Humla Region of Nepal, Shilajit is harvested from fissures in the Himalayas. This life-enhancing substance is released from the ancient mountainous rock formations, harvested, and processed into a high-quality extract for use by Isagenix. Nepali Shilajit is preferred because of its balance of ingredients, dynamic activity, and natural pH balance.
Isagenix uses a pharmaceutical-grade of Shilajit. The Shilajit is subjected to rigorous testing and comes with a Certificate of Analysis certifying its purity. Shilajit is a powerful adaptogen high in trace minerals. Some of the constituents in Shilajit include di-benzo alphapyrones, the building blocks of Shilajit. They help protect the brain from freeradical oxidation activity. It also contains Fulvic Acid, which is a superior transport/delivery system for nutrients within the body. Isagenix is the only company using Nepali Shilajit from the Humla Region and a proprietary oxygen/nitrogen displacement extraction process (P.O.N.D.) which ensures the pH balance of Shilajit and increases its active ingredients by approximately 800%.
Over sixty years of clinical research indicates that the Shilajit used by Isagenix has a broad range of benefits, as follows:
• Adaptogenic Properties – Helps the Body Adapt to Stress
• Supports Longevity
• Natural Aphrodisiac
• Reduces Stress, Fatigue, and Muscle Weakness
• Increases Immunity, Strength, and Endurance
• Powerful Antioxidant – Counteracts Free-Radical Activity
• Strengthens Digestion and Supports Absorption of Nutrients into the Body
• Enhances Memory and Recall, Improves Cognitive Activity
• Helps Balance Menstrual Cycle
• Helps Decrease Body Fat and Increase Lean Muscle Mass
• Reduces Allergies
• Aids with Conditions of the Joints, Muscles, Bones, and Nerves
• Anti-Inflammatory Agent
• Enhances Skin Health
• Supports the Functions of the Cardiovascular System
• Supports in Balancing Cholesterol Levels
Bottom Line? Adaptogens calm you down AND boost your energy at the same time without overstimulating.