Isagenix During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Evidence continues to grow that the nutritional choices a woman makes when expecting can influence a baby’s likelihood of being healthy as they grow older. Sound nutrition is of utmost importance for an expectant mom and her baby. Reasonably, many women turn to Isagenix and ask if the products are a good fit during pregnancy, and then during breastfeeding after the baby is born.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding are the most nutritionally demanding times in a woman’s life. The body needs enough nutrients every day to support the growth of the baby and the maintenance of the mother’s body. All the nourishment your developing baby needs comes from your body, either through the foods you eat or the supplements you take. The quality of your diet during pregnancy has a profound influence on positive fetal and maternal outcomes.
This is not the time to diet or cleanse your body. Most pregnant and lactating women need an additional 300 calories each day to support the growth of the baby (1). But not all calories are equal. Your baby needs healthy foods that are packed with nutrients, not “empty calories” like those found in fast or fried food, soft drinks, candies, and desserts.
It is extremely important for a woman to have her body in optimal condition. Pre-pregnancy, pre-natal, pregnancy and postpartum nutrition is one of the success factors in creating a healthy environment by using bio-available nutrition which is passed through mama to baby. Whether you’re pregnant or nursing, the shakes are easy nutritious delicious meals, and the Want More Energy drink will help you through those times when you just need a boost! Give your child the best start in life!! You deserve it, too!
ISAGENIX PRODUCTS SAFE FOR PREGNANT and NURSING MOMS
- Mars Venus Wellness Solution for Women: This three part system includes a nutritional shake, a lemon drink full of probiotics and a mineral supplement that is great for mood issues, both prenatal and postpartum.
- Want More Energy?: This drink powder contains vitamins A, C, B-complex, electrolytes and nutrients lost during stress and exercise. It’s natural fuel without caffeine or stimulants.
- IsaLean Shakes and IsaLean Soups and IsaLean Bars: Pregnant women need an increase in calories, vitamins, minerals, protein, amino acids, trace elements, fiber and enzymes.
- IsaCrunch: Add to yogurt, salads, soups, or your Isagenix Shake for extra vegetarian protein, and omega 3s.
- IsaOmega Supreme: Omega-3 vitamins are vital, especially in the last trimester of pregnancy, since the baby takes all that it needs to properly develop, leaving the mom at an all time low.
- Isamune: Safe for the entire family and tastes great. It combines multiple immune factors for smarter targeted defense
- IsaFlush!: Contains five cleansing herbs and mineral, including pure, high-grade magnesium, which is the forgotten twin of calcium. Magnesium is essential for bone, cardiovascular, and placental health. It helps your body maintain adequate energy levels, relaxes the uterus, and is important for your baby’s brain, vascular and bone development. IsaFlush also helps with regularity and aids digestion
- IsaCrunch: It is a great source of fiber, protein, minerals and essential fatty acids which are important for a baby’s brain and nervous system development as well as for your own health.
- FiberSnacks, Whey Thins, SlimCakes, Isagenix Snacks: These delicious guilt-free indulgences help to curb cravings, support digestive and heart health, and offer a healthy dose of fiber and/or protein.
- Ageless Pain Relief Cream: Combines natural menthol and methyl salicylate to provide cooling and immediate relief followed by deeper heat that helps relax sore, tense muscles.
- C-Lyte: Antioxidant protection that helps keep your body in peak health and provides immune support.
- Rejuvity Skin Care System: The seven-step skincare system is scientifically formulated to invigorate the skin with the ultimate experience in hydration, illumination, and rejuvenation. Rejuvity cleanses and replenishes from the outside in.
- IsaKids Essentials: Contains 100 percent of the recommended daily amount of 16 essential vitamins and minerals kids need, and 400 mcg of folic acid that pregnant and nursing moms can also use. (Check with your doctor to see if you need an additional prenatal supplement.)
- IsaFruits: A great source of phytonutrients, with just 1 gram of sugar. It helps fight the effects of free radicals on cells and the immune system.
- Multi-Enzyme Complex: Helps to improve your body’s ability to digest and absorb nutrients from foods and supplements while easing common digestive problems such as gas, bloating, indigestion, and heartburn.
- FiberPro: Adds 5 grams of flavorless, easily dissolved fiber and prebiotics to support your gut. May be helpful for regularity and digestion, especially while pregnant.
SIX ISAGENIX PRODUCTS YOU SHOULD NOT TAKE WHILE PREGNANT or NURSING:
- Cleanse for Life
- Natural Accelerator
- Ionix Supreme
- Women’s Essential Vitamins
- IsaDelights Chocolate
- Product B
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, it’s important to listen to a physician’s advice on supplements such as recommendations for a qualified purified fish oil supplement, which is important for healthy brain development. Because pregnant and breastfeeding moms have special nutrient needs, supplements including Essentials for Women should also not replace physician-prescribed prenatal supplements.
Information obtained by modified excerpts from “Isagenix For Healthy Moms and Kids”